Meet our Candidates
Loading Slide Show...
Tickets are now available for purchase
| || |
Tickets are $125 per person.
There are several ways to purchase tickets for the Cinderella Ball.
* Purchase from your favorite Candidate. This will count towards your Candidate's fundraising efforts. Your Team Captain will give you a physical ticket and it will need to be presented when you arrive at the Cinderella Ball Registration Table.
* Purchase in person at Friends of Down Syndrome.
* Purchase online via PayPal. You will be able to designate which Candidate you wish to support.
We happily accept:
*Cash or check (made payable to Friends of Down Syndrome)
*PayPal (Cinderella Ball Fundraiser)
Present your ticket at the Registration Table in order to receive your seat assignments and your Silent Auction numbered stickers. We look forward to seeing you there!
| || |
When is the absolute cut-off date for donations received in order to be included in the Candidate fundraising efforts?
All funds must be at the Friends of Down Syndrome on or before March 4, 2015 at 6:00pm.
What are the different Court Levels?
Amount of Funds Raised
$250 - $499
Court of Honor
$500 - $999
$1,000 and above
Female Candidate who raises the most funds**
Male Candidate who raises the most funds**
** All funds must be submitted by 6:00pm on March 4, 2015.
When will we know who will be crowned Cinderella and Prince Charming?** We will take a screen capture of the Cinderella Ball’s “Home” page precisely at 6:00pm on March 4th so be sure that ALL your donations have been entered into your Candidate’s fundraising page prior to that time. **Subject to verification of funds received at Friends of Down Syndrome.
How will be find out who will be Cinderella and Prince Charming?
The announcement will be made on the “Home” page of the Friends of Down Syndrome website, on our Facebook page, and by email. To be included in the email distribution list, email Jennifer Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can my Candidate earn free tickets to the Ball?
If a Candidate raises a minimum of:
$250, then the Candidate will receive two (2) tickets
$500, then the Candidate will receive four (4) tickets
$1,000 or more*, then the Candidate will receive eight (8) tickets
*Each Candidate is allowed to earn a maximum of eight tickets (one table) via their fundraising efforts.
| || |
How much can I expect to spend at the auction? Feel free to be as generous as you like!
What type of donations are you accepting for the Silent Auction and when by when do you need it? The sky is the limit! All donations must be at the Friends of Down Syndrome by 6:00pm on March 4, 2014.
Here are a few ideas to get you thinking:
v Gift certificates to restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Target, craft stores, etc.
v Tickets to sporting events, theater, cinema, circus, etc.
v Themed Gift baskets ideas: little boy, little girl, College, beach, wine, sports, candles, coffee, Italy, Texas, baby Shower, car detail kit, manicure, etc.
v Perhaps you have a special skill that can be auctioned, such as a hair stylist, cleaning service, plumber, lawn care, florist, photographer, videographer, muralist, organizer, optometrist, orthodontist, dentist, interior decorating/design, family photo shoot, event planner, etc
About Friends of Down Syndrome
| || || |
Friends of Down Syndrome is a nonprofit organization that serves teens and adults with Down syndrome. On January 6, 2014, we opened the Down Syndrome Academy. The programs offered serve as a post-high school education for our adults to both maintain as well as increase their academic skills. These targeted skills addressed include reading, math, science, counting/managing money, and computer skills. Additional skills include time management, planning, vocational skills, social skills, physical education, and music. Participants attend classes five days a week from 8am to 3:15pm. All participants are assessed when they enter the program and goals are developed based on the participant's assessment results. We also offer monthly social events for our teens and adults with Down syndrome.
You can download our brochure to find out more about us: Friends of Down Syndrome Trifold
Why did we choose to have a Cinderella Ball?
| || |
March 21st is a very special day called "World Down Syndrome Day." This date was specifically chosen because those who have Down syndrome have three of the #21 chromosomes, instead of two. Therefore, the date is the third month and 21st day.
1. We wanted our teens and adults with Down syndrome to be able to have the opportunity to celebrate their achievements at a fun, magical and elegant formal evening event with their family and friends.
2. We also wanted them to learn proper etiquette and waltzing at a formal event. Each candidate will be required to attend a minimum of four etiquette/waltzing classes that will be conducted by the Tomball Memorial High School NJROTC Cadets and the Tomball High School NJROTC Cadets. Once all the dates are set up, the class schedule will follow.
3. There are also many valuable life lessons and choices that Cinderella’s fable teaches. A slideshow with pictures and the explanation of these lessons is found on this Slideshare website:
Look for comfort and friendship.
Remain kind and thoughtful.
Be industrious and uncomplaining.
Maintain an optimistic attitude.
Define your goal and develop a plan.
Live in the moment and be relaxed.
Wait for chance with hope.
Step forward and claim new life.
Think outside the box.
Candidate Eligibility Requirements
| || |
1. The Candidate must have Down syndrome.
2. The Candidate must be 13 years of age or older.
3. The Candidate must attend a minimum of four FREE Etiquette/Waltz classes given by the Tomball Memorial High School NJROTC Cadets and the Tomball High School NJROTC Cadets. All classes will be hosted at Friends of Down Syndrome. Class schedule to follow.
Sponsorship Levels and Benefits
| || |
- The Sponsorship Levels for the Cinderella Ball are:
Golden Carriage - $3,000
Glass Slipper - $1,000
Magic Wand - $500
- Friends of Down Syndrome is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Friends of Down Syndrome's tax ID number is available upon request.
- Your donation will make a difference in our community by supporting the Down Syndrome Academy, T21 Social Club events, as well as many other Friends of Down Syndrome programs.
- Click to view Sponsorship Application
- Final deadline to submit Sponsorship Application is Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 6:00pm. Please submit to Friends of Down Syndrome, 5151 Mitchelldale, Suite B1, Houston, Texas 77092.
Contact Rosa Rocha at
email@example.com (281) 989-0345.
| days, hours, mintues, |
| seconds until the fun begins. |
| Goal |
| || |
Princess Imelda and Sir Dance Master, JJ will be crowned Cinderella & Prince Charming at the Cinderella Ball on March 21st.
Donations are still being accepted and tickets are still available for purchase.
|Sir Dance Master J.J.||$10,951|
|Cory Prince of Charm||$6,549|
|Direct Energy, Sponsor||$4,574|
|Prince David Rocha||$3,780|
|Alonso the Knight Rider||$2,162|
The Evening's Festivities
| || |
Red Oak Ballroom
Houston / CityCentre
816 Town and Country Blvd
Houston, Texas 77024
Silent Auction begins
Doors open to the Ballroom
Cash bar available
Silent Auction closes
Introduction of Candidates
Don't turn into a pumpkin!
Black Tie Attire
Cash bar available
Teens and adults ONLY
| || |
Friends of Down Syndrome 5151 Mitchelldale, Suite B1 Houston, TX 77092
Office: (832) 667-8003
FAX: (866) 9530
Publicity & Communications Coordinator
Friends of Down Syndrome
Like us on Facebook