Check Out Last Year's Fun!
Loading Slide Show...
Join us for PDSSN's Annual Buddy Walk!
| || |
1. Register and Start a Team!
It’s easy! There’s no minimum number of walkers required. Simply choose a team name and have fun with the rest! Step-by-step instructional videos will show you how to register as a team captain, customize your own personal webpage, and share a link to your fundraising page on Facebook. You can pause each video during viewing by clicking on the video itself. This lets you enter your information on the website while following the instructional steps. When you view your personal webpage for the first time, you'll see that we provided you with a general webpage template. You're welcome to use this as your own, or you can replace the photo, delete the text, and have fun customizing your own page. Click on REGISTER AS A TEAM CAPTAIN HELP VIDEO to get started today!
- If you want to register more than one person per payment, make sure to click “Register Next” instead of “Registration complete”!
- If you add a donation amount, it gets ADDED to your registration amount.
- If you are paying by check, your check must reach us before the walk to count for your team's fundraising!
- If you are signing up as a team captain, you MUST click the box to create a fundraising page, this will serve as your team's fundraising page.
- You DO NOT have to have a PayPal account to pay online. You can pay as a guest on the PayPal site.
If you have ANY problems or questions, please email BW.5K.email@example.com or call 336-480-8871.
2. Become a Sponsor!
With over 1,200 people expected at this year’s Piedmont Buddy Walk & 5K Race, your sponsorship of the event is an excellent opportunity to tell our community about the products or services your business has to offer. "Pay it forward" today and make a significant difference in the lives of individuals with Down syndrome and their families!
- Click on SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES to learn about the amazing opportunities available for local and corporate business partners.
- All donations are tax-deductible. PDSSN is a 501(c)(3) organization (Federal Tax ID #20-3131948).
For more information, please email us at BW.5K.firstname.lastname@example.org or call (336) 480-8871 for more information. Thank you!
3. Donate Today!
Our home page allows you to donate online and print a receipt for your tax deduction. If you don't have a specific team you'd like to support, your general donation will go towards the many programs and services PDSSN offers to the individuals and families we serve in the Piedmont area. Just CLICK HERE TO DONATE NOW. Thank you in advance for your generous gift!
Your Donation Will Make a Difference
| || |
Your donation will make a difference in our community by providing:
- Resource Notebooks for families affected by Down syndrome
- New Parent Celebration
- Conference scholarships for families and adults with Down syndrome
- Family social gatherings
- Ladies Night Out
- Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome (D.A.D.S.)
- Educational programs for our community
- Programs that support and promote greater inclusion
- Next Chapter Book Club – an adult literacy program
- No Limits II Dance Club
- Triad First in Families Donation
About PDSSN's Buddy Walk
| || |
The Buddy Walk® was created by the National Down Syndrome Society in 1995 to celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Month in October and to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. The Buddy Walk has grown from 17 walks in 1995 to nearly 275 walks planned for 2015 worldwide. Last year, more than $11.75 million was raised nationwide to benefit local programs and services, as well as the national advocacy initiatives of NDSS that benefit all individuals with Down syndrome. The Piedmont Down Syndrome Support Network (PDSSN) is very proud and excited to be hosting the Piedmont’s 15th Annual Buddy Walk.
The Piedmont Buddy Walk /5K Race and Family Fun Day is the primary fundraiser for the Piedmont Down Syndrome Support Network (PDSSN) with a portion of the proceeds going to NDSS. In addition to raising funds and awareness, it's is a great place to meet other families and learn about the rewards of having a child with Down syndrome. Each year our attendance has grown and we’re expecting over 1000 people this year to participate in this family friendly event which includes food, entertainment, carnival games, inflatables, educational information, talent show, music and more.
You won’t want to miss it!
| Goal |
| days, hours, mintues, |
| seconds until the fun begins. |
Top Fundraisers - Returning Teams
|Next Chapter Book Club Team||$4,356|
|All In For Quinn!||$4,356|
|The A Team||$1,389|
|Amos Cottage Team||$1,224|
Top Fundraisers - 1st Time Teams
Most Walkers - Returning Teams
Most Walkers - 1st Time Teams
Win a Team Award!
| || |
5 Team Prizes Awarded at Walk (Maximum of 1 award per team. Results of top teams tabulated on September 26th. Most spirit determined at the walk):
· most money raised - 1st time teams
· most money raised - returning teams
· most registered members - 1st time teams
· most registered members - returning teams
· most spirit demonstrated at the walk
Teams will get credit for obtaining corporate
sponsorships and donations!
Matching Gifts Program
| || |
Does your employer have a matching gifts program? If they do, your donation just doubled! Make a donation, then ask your co-workers to do the same. Together, we can all make a difference.
Teams will get credit
for obtaining matching gift donations.