Online Registration Cutoff Friday Oct 23 at 12 Noon
| || |
A little rain couldn't keep us from having a great time at the 18th annual STEP UP for Down Syndrome Walk!
Over 1,400 people came out to MBG Sunday!
To all our sponsors, donors, volunteers and especially our families and their supporters, Thank You!
You can still donate online now on this website.
Look for pictures from the Walk to be posted on Facebook!
See you next year!
STEP out and show your support!
| || |
STEP UP and be a part of one of the largest disability awareness events in the Mid-South! Come join thousands of Mid-Southerners and STEP UP for all individuals with Down syndrome.
- One-mile fun walk
- Family Picnic
- Petting Zoo
- Children’s activities & inflatables
- Team and individual prizes
Register now for the Mid-South STEP UP for Down Syndrome by using the tabs above!
Even if you can't be at STEP UP for Down Syndrome, you can still make a charitable donation to help support the Down Syndrome Association of Memphis and the Mid-South.
For more Information call 901-547-7588 or email email@example.com
For a link to a printable Short Registration Form, click Short Registration Form.
| || |
Down Syndrome Association of Memphis & the Mid-South
The mission of the Down Syndrome Association of Memphis & the Mid-South is to support and empower people with Down syndrome and their families.
Under the direction and leadership of an Executive Director and Board of Directors, DSAM is volunteer driven. At DSAM, we work to:
- Provide information for families of newborn babies with Down syndrome
- Provide current, unbiased and up-to-date information to professionals
- Conduct regular educational meetings for school districts & parents
- Host social events for children, adults and parents
- Publish a regular newsletter & e-mail "Happenings"
- Assist parents in attending national research conferences
- Partner with other disability groups to sponsor conferences
- Provide a networking outlet to families
- Advocate for the rights of individuals with Down syndrome
- Provide support to families of individuals with Down syndrome
- NEW -- "Reading is Key" reading coaching program!
- NEW -- Self-Advocate Job Coaching through TN Voc Rehab!
DSAM began in 1973 as Down's Parents of Memphis. A small group of parents met while attending the first Early Intervention Program in Memphis at the Child Development Center. They began meeting to learn more about Down syndrome and to work to improve public awareness, while providing the most current care for their children. This group of parents went on to begin the early intervention program now known as Special Kids & Families.
Re-organized as a 501 (c)(3) under the name of The Down Syndrome Association of the Memphis & the Mid-South (DSAM), the organization is now serving as a support group for parents, families and friends of persons with Down syndrome.
A Glimpse of Step Up 2014
Loading Slide Show...
| || |
Schedule: 11 AM Registration & Gates Open
12:30 PM Entertainment Begins
1:00PM Opening Ceremonies
2:00 PM Team Prizes
2:30 PM STEP UP FUN WALK, Music & Dancing
4:00 PM Event Wrap Up
| days, hours, mintues, |
| seconds until the fun begins! |
STEP UP Goal
| Goal |
Top Fundraising Teams
|Double The LOVE||$2,475|
|Monkeying Around with Mia||$1,196|
|Norah's Little Lights||$1,038|
|In Honor of DeAnna Harrah||$685|
|John T's Tigers||$425|
|Ruth's Tiger Friends||$342|
| || |
Largest Team Deadline Tues. Oct. 20th at Midnight!!!
Last online registrations on Friday, Oct. 23 at Noon. Onsite registration at MBG will begin at 11 AM Sunday. Gates open at 12 Noon.
Top Fundraising Team Deadline: 1 PM on 10/25 at MBG ... Come to the Fundraising-Buddy Bucks Window!!